The purpose of the service: connecting two Layer 3 routers at different BIX sites with 10 Gbps, using BIX network devices and BIX data transmission capacity.
Technical requirements for using the BIX point to point services:
The service is not intended to link Layer2 switches between two different sites.
Regulations for a point to point 10Gbps serviceOnly Ethernet based data transfer is supported.
- The available Ethernet interfaces types are:
- On the Victor Hugo utca site: 10Gbase-LR or 10Gbase-SR
- On the Dataplex site: 10Gbase-LR
- on the Dataneum site: 10Gbase-LR
- Optionally it is possible to connect multiple 10Gbps ports with LACP LAG (Link Aggregation Group)
- The point to point 10Gbps service is not transparent for Layer2 protocols. LACP, CDP, LLDP, STP and other Layer2 protocols are terminated by BIX devices.
- The 802.1q VLAN trunking and QoS settings are not supported on the interfaces.
- The use of the Spanning Tree protocol (STP) is not supported. The STP protocol must be disabled on the interfaces of the customer’s side.
- Maximum 10-10 MAC addresses can be used on both sides. If the MAC address limit is exceeded, the interface will be automatically disconnected by the BIX devices.
- Only 1 500 bytes Layer2 payload is supported for data transfer. (IP MTU).
You can find the service fees in the BIX Fees list amongst the Auxiliary services.