The purpose of the service: connecting two Layer 2 switches or Layer 3 routers at different BIX sites with Layer 1 wavelength connection, using the free wavelengths of the BIX backbone.
Requirements for the BIX passive wavelength service:
- BIX provides only one wavelength between two sites on one optical fibre pair. The user is responsible for obtaining the appropriate active devices.
- Only the wavelengths appropriate for "ITU Grid C-Band 100 GHz Spacing" can be used. (1550nm band)
- The passive DWDM multiplexer and demultiplexer are provided by BIX as part of the service.
- The wavelength service does not provide protection. The typical troubleshooting time is 24 hrs.
- For redundant architecture BIX can provide two wavelengths on independent optical path, but implementation of a redundancy solution is the customer’s responsibility.
- We recommend that the colour 10GBase-DWDM 80km optical modules be used. With classical 1550 nm (ER / ZR) modules the service is not accessible.
- The available links and informative attenuations:
- Victor Hugo site – Dataplex „A” path: 14 dBm
- Victor Hugo site – Dataplex „B” path: 18 dBm
- Dataplex - Dataneum „A” path: 16 dBm
- Dataplex - Dataneum „B” path: 20 dBm
- Victor Hugo site – Dataneum is available too, using the combination of i, ii, iii, iv options
- The attenuations are informative, include the fibre damping and DWDM Mux / Demux damping.
You can find the service fees in the BIX Fees list amongst the Auxiliary services.