The purpose of the service: to offer possibility for BIX members connect to other BIX members using our Optical Distribution Frame (ODF).
Meet-me Room services for private peering and cross-connections:
- No monthly fees, only (decent) one time charges
- Singlemode optical cross connections
- First 12x SM patch panel is free for members
Technical requirements of using the BIX MMR services:
- The method of connection: in the computer room of BIX in Victor Hugo Street in ComScope (Tyco) cabinets on 12 or multiples of 12 SM cable Euro2000 APC surfaces.
- The user is responsible to build the connection between their own computer room to the BIX MMR. ISzT provides (at cost price) the necessary ODF places, pig tails and other tools for the cable termination in the MMR. Details are defined in BIX charter and in the BIX Fees list.
For the first 12 optical patches ISzT gives a discount for the new BIX partner. New BIX partner is a BIX member which has not more than 6 optical patch-cords in the MMR.
- Creating and using connections in the MMR:
- They may be used for for free for connectiing to BIX
- For a one-off fee they may be used to connect to other BIX members without monthly fee
- For a one-off fee ISzT provides the patch cable and installs the connection
- BIX administrator creates an identifier for this connection for future reference
- This connection will be maintained until BIX member's further decisions.
You can find the service fees in the BIX Fees list amongst the Auxiliary services.